What Are The Signs of Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence spreads across all class in our society. It can happen to any, yet the problem which we face is that it i soften overlooked, excused or even the victim living in denial.
There are different types of domestic violence ranging from psychological and physical abuse. Noticing and acknowledging the signs of an abusive relationship is the first step to ending it.
If you recognize yourself or someone you know in the following descriptions of abuse, reach out now. There is help available. No one should live in fear of the person they love.
What are the signs that will tell you that you are in an abusive relationship
How are your inner thoughts and feelings. When your partner is around do you:
- Are you afraid of him/her much of the time?
- Are there topics that you consequently avoid out of fear of angering or provocking them?
- They give you the feeling that you are always doing something wrong
- And because of that you believe that you deserve to be treated badly or hurt
- Sometimes you feel that you are going crazy
- You feel helpless, emotionally numb and exahusted
Let us look at your partner’s belittling behaviour:
Does he continously:
- Criticize you and at every opportunity put you down?
- Humiliate or yell at you?
- In front of friends and family, he embarrasses you badly
- Always ignoring or putting down your opinions or accomplishments?
- When he does something wrong, then you are to blame?
- They see you not as partner, but as their property or sex object?
If all these traits are currently part and parcel of your relationship then you need to seek help before things get overboard. Remember a healthy, non-abusive relationship is built on support, admiration, empathy, balance, and personal responsibility. These are the elements that add up to a love built on a respectful mutuality.
People who live in Germany and find themselves to be living with a violent partner need to contact either the police (because they have up-to-date information on all organisations and institutions that will help you) or seek legal advise on which options are open for you.
You have one THIS ONE LIFE cherish it by detaching yourself from somebody who is causing harm both physically and mentally.