Ubuntu Healing Circles
Ubuntu Healing Circles are supportive and confidential gatherings that help Africans who are experiencing emotional pain and crisis. Ubuntu Healing and Talking Stick Circles aim to be the initial entry point for healing. Participants share their stories and feelings; deepen their understanding of the impact of pain and hurting on their lives living in the diaspora; learn about and practice self-care strategies, and identify local resources that can help them overcome their pain.
Ubuntu Healing Circles are self-help support groups in which we, Africans living in Germany, work together to overcome, heal from the pain and hurt that we are experiencing.
Ubuntu Healing Circles offers spaces in which we:
- Share our stories and our feelings, always respecting the humanity and dignity of each member of the Circle;
- Deepen our understanding of the impact of living abroad has on our emotional lives, our relationships, and well-being;
- Tell ourselves a new and empowering story about who we are as people of Africans living in Germany;
- Revitalize ourselves and our relationships with each other;
- Learn and practice essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our very best–as individuals and as a people; and
- Develop strategies on how to break the silence.
Ubuntu Healing Circles aim to create platforms specific to the needs of Africans living in Germany who want to heal from the emotional pains that they are experiencing.
It offers safe heavens where:
- They help us step out of ordinary time into a safe and accepting environment in which we can explore our healing.
- With open minds, we work together to discover the best ways to remove obstacles to healing, alleviate suffering, and deepen our capacity to heal.
- With open hearts, we access our own inner guidance to understand where the greatest healing—in body, emotions, mind, and spirit—can occur.
Participants behave in empathetic ways and they always sit in circle and commit themselves to:
- Listen with attention.
- Speak with intention.
- Tend to the well-being of the whole healing circle.
Ubuntu Healing Circles has offers there different types of groups that people can decide to join:
- Ubuntu Mixed Group
- Ubuntu Women’s Lounge
- Ubuntu Men’s Cave Group
- Ubuntu Youth’s Corner
Do you wish to get more information? Please fill in this simple form and we shall get back to you immediately.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]