The world has developed into one fast highway where everybody seem to be living on the speeding line and not able to just find or to take time to bring a healthy balance in their lives. So what is Work-Life-Balance? Does it mean we have to slow down and how much slowing down will be necessary to bring a balance in our lives?
Work-Life Balance does not mean an equal balance, because trying to schedule an equal number of hours for each of your various work and personal activities is usually unrewarding and unrealistic.
Work-life balance refers to the level of prioritization between personal and professional activities in an individual’s life and the level to which activities related to their job are present in the home.
What Are The Consequences of an Unbalanced Work-Life?
It is important that you maintain work-life balance because this is how it helps you to reduce stress and prevents burnout in the workplace. Too much stress over a long period of time leads to workplace burnout. Chronic stress is one of the most common health issues that so many people experience worldwide. Stress can lead to hypertension, digestive troubles, chronic aches and pains not to mention heart problems. Chronic stress can also negatively impact on our mental health because it is linked to a higher risk of depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
What Changes Will Work-Life Balance Coaching Bring?
Good balanced work-life plays an important role in your health and happiness. Being in control of this balance means that you can enjoy the time that you spend with family and friends and doing the things that you want to do.
“Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.” ~ Stephen R. Covey
Work-Life Balance coaching will help you to:
- Look at priorities and plan realistically
- Find the root cause of your poor work-life balance
- Identify what has really stopped you from achieving lasting changes to your work life balance
- Redefine and make changes to your work life balance so you feel happier and less stressed
- Develop the personal confidence and insights you need to stop procrastinating, make decisions faster and say no to things more often, so you become more productive with your time
- Tune-down perfectionism without letting go of the positives it may bring to your performance
- Confidently and courageously make changes for the better in areas of your life that need your attention.